Go 2535 screen calibration

TomTom Model(s)
Go 2535
Hi peeps, hoping someone can help with the screen calibration for my tom tom, it's completely off and unusable until I get it sorted. I have found on previous posts that I need to create a cal.txt file and save it but I have no idea what values to start with for my model of tomtom. On startup I currently get this string in touch screen calibration:

9657 528 -7474800 991 5397 -6562288 65536

I was expecting to see four numbers not 7! Can anyone suggest what values to start with to save in cal.txt file?

Thanks for your help

How did you determine those values on the 2535 model where there is no access to the file system by the user?

How did you determine those values on the 2535 model where there is no access to the file system by the user?

Errm I pressed and held the power button down and it gave me a black screen with setting data on it. I thought I have the 2535 model as I put the first 2 digits of the serial number 'SN' in on the tomtom site and it said this model?

Yeah, that's a 2535, all right. But those numbers you quoted perhaps are not the values of the X/Y screen values.

In any event, providing numbers in a cal.txt form -- even correct ones -- won't work on that model as there is no way for the user to add a cal.txt file to the file system.

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds

Yeah, that's a 2535, all right. But those numbers you quoted perhaps are not the values of the X/Y screen values.

In any event, providing numbers in a cal.txt form -- even correct ones -- won't work on that model as there is no way for the user to add a cal.txt file to the file system.

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds

Oh no what a bummer. I've tried the reset with the drum noise thing and it's still the same. Is it only good for the rubbish now then?

Well, you can do a Google search for SatNav repair shops in the UK if you want to go that route and if your device is out of warranty.

Ask a Question