Dave voice on XL 350 ?

My XL335TM had a computerized voice called Dave. The new 350 does not have a male U.S. English option (only Simon). Any way to get Dave? Also, if so, how to manually install?
Joe

Look at the information in this thread

Link to Dave is in the 4th post in the thread.

Use WinRar to extract the files into the loquendo folder on your unit and see if it all works then.

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents first, just in case....

Dave still not working...

I have tried all of the suggestions puting the expanded files on the device. Have restarted, many times and the device still does not see the Dave voice. Seems like there is a missing pointer or header. Do you know if this voice is compatible with the XL 350?
Joe

If installed properly, within the Loquendotts folder on your unit, there should be a data folder. In it, you should see: a Dave.vcf file and, as well, a voices folder. Within the voices folder you should see a Dave folder.

Within that folder, you should see a bunch of files:
DaveTT.16000.LTTS7CodecMsx.32800.10.bin
DaveGildedPhrases.16000.LTTS7CodecMsx.32800.10.bin
DaveGildedParalinguistics.16000.LTTS7CodecMsx.32800.10.bin
Dave.vde
Dave.16000.LTTS7CodecMsx.32800.10.bin

I am running 64 bit Windows 7 and used WinRar to expand the cab file to a folder on the desktop. Then I copied over these files using Explorer (I first deleted the files in the device folder). Should I have extracted the files directly to the device folder?
Joe

That would have been my plan of attack, to expand directly into the loquendo folder.

OK, now I have the Dave files on the device. But, when I go to change the voice the Dave icon/option does not show up on the device. I think I have rebooted several times with the same result. Any ideas?
Joe

And do the files match the locations I mentioned in a post earlier in the thread?

Yes, all files are there. I also tried adding Susan (there was room) and it also does not show up on the device "select voice option".
Joe

So, are you saying no computer voice is available to be selected?

And did any computer voice originally come with the 350?

When you connect to Home, Add Voices-->Computer Voices, are any offered for your unit?

When you go to Manage my Device, Device tab, voices, does it list the 2 computer voices and, if so, what does it say when you click the 'more info' link?

Success! Once I restored the backup that had Susan in it I was then able to add Dave (which was now visible from Home on the computer). Now I have both Susan and Dave on the TT. I was ready to give up on Dave. Perhaps it was a licensing issue that dealt with Computerized voices?
Thanks a lot for your diligence.
Joe

Ask a Question