Dave voice not working

When i use Dave as a voice the test button works fine, but he doesn't say a world when am driving to a location that i chose. ?
And when i turn on the TT the TT symbol doesn't start up no sound . How do you do a reboot with out losing you info.

Yes he is installed and i have rebooted no luck I think it is because the TOMTOM when it starts up there is no sound or the tomtom picture.
How do you get the tomtom hands to start up?. :confused:

Sugar Ray,

I encountered the same problem as you. I didn't find out how to fix Dave's voice, but I did figure out how to get Susan to work again. Please be aware though, these are advanced steps and I take no responsibility if you break your TomTom if something goes wrong.

1) Connect your TomTom to your PC.

2) Open up My Computer and double click your TomTom device.

3) Open the LoquendoTTS folder, and then the EnglishUs folder.

4) Delete all of the files in the EnglishUs folder, but not the folder itself.

5) Go back to the LoquendoTTS folder and remove any files with a .ogg extension (there should be two, but it depends on how many TTS voices you've downloaded). Also remove the Susan.vde and Dave.vde files.

6) Close out of this window.

7) Go back to TomTom Home and click "Add Maps, Traffic, Voices etc.", then click "Computer Voices".

8) Click on the Add button next to Susan. If you've already downloaded her voice, it will only take a couple of minutes to transfer, otherwise it needs to download her voice from TomTom, which could take awhile.

9) Once it has finished the transfer, click on the "Device" menu, then select "Disconnect Device" to reboot your TomTom. Once your TomTom is back up, go through the menus as normal to re-select Susan's voice. Voila! She is back!

These steps worked for me to get Susan's voice back. Hopefully this will help you too... :)

-Justin

missing Susan.16000.loqmsx.bin

I have error logs turned on, and my error log is throwing the following:

does anyone have that file? Susan.16000.loqmsx.bin

according to the error message, that file should be in LoquendoTTS/EnglishUs/Susan/ folder.

if yes, can you please send that file to me? I would really appreciate that.

I have error logs turned on, and my error log is throwing the following:

does anyone have that file? Susan.16000.loqmsx.bin

according to the error message, that file should be in LoquendoTTS/EnglishUs/Susan/ folder.

if yes, can you please send that file to me? I would really appreciate that.

It's a 36 meg file. You should be able to install from the cd and use TomTom Home to add computer voices to the unit.

It's a 36 meg file. You should be able to install from the cd and use TomTom Home to add computer voices to the unit.

I am actually using linux, and can't install the Tomtom home software on it. is the file on the cd that tomtom included with the unit? also, do you know what that file is used for?

also, would it be possible for you to upload that file to something like rapidshare or megaupload?

I am actually using linux, and can't install the Tomtom home software on it. is the file on the cd that tomtom included with the unit? also, do you know what that file is used for?

also, would it be possible for you to upload that file to something like rapidshare or megaupload?

I'm pretty sure that uploading files that came originally from a commercial piece of software is a legal no-no. Sometimes .bin files really are a compilation of other files, as I understand it.

It sounds as if you need to contact TomTom support directly. Sorry, I couldn't help.

Ask a Question