data.chk

Hi guys,

i wanted to update my dad's TOMTOM :p . So i plug it in, downloaded the newest home version (2.6) and made a back up =). Now i selected update TOMTOM,

The first time it whent ok :

SO i let it do its thing :)

but then i get this:

It says :

Error
Can not create
H:/Data.chk
I treid it on a XP machine and a Vista both fail

The back up dos not work to any more.

Dos any 1 has a solution for this ?

Error message :

ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/Install/Single/DestinationFileDoesNotExist: Kan dit bestand niet maken: H:\data.chk
@ .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(1212)
in .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp:1212
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:84
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1032
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:81
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:21:16 GMT

When you made the backup originally, did the specific map folder get backed up properly? Use Explorer to see if the map folder is there in the backup and if there are files in the map folder.

If so, format the unit using Explorer. Make it fat32.

Then restore, using Explorer, not Home, the map folder.

Now, connect to Home and an application should be offered. Accept it, download and install. If all goes well, now you can use Home to download voices, etc. for the unit.

From now on, use Explorer, not Home, to make backups and restores.

If you can, then most certainly 'yes'. We advise NEVER making back ups using Home. You especially want the map folder copied to the computer somewhere. Everything else can be obtained (for free) once you've formatted the internal and restored the map folder.

Ok, so just to be on the save side :p

Copy the COMPLETE contect of the TOM TOM to 1 local hard drive, and then format FAT32 not useing the quik option?

And witch files hsut i replace after the format?

Correct. Do NOT use quick format.

You want to make sure the specific map folder is copied to the computer prior to the format and that folder gets copied back (using Explorer) after the format.

Everything else can be obtained using Home for getting an application, additional voices, etc.

this is how it is now, only file that i cant move over: Data.chk

All files are over, so it shut be save ?

sorry for the double asking but im new to this, and it aint my tomtom :)

Last edited:
Sorry, maybe my eyes aren't so good but I can't tell if the map folder is copied to the pc. If it is, then try formatting the unit.

1. Copy back the specific MAP folder.

2. Connect to Home.

3. Accept the new application that will be offered. Download and install.

Ok i copyd the MAPS folder (Western_Europe_1GB ? ). Nowi starts but it keeps hanging after the load screen ...:rolleyes:

Edit, i can use the map on my Tom TOm via the PC ...

but when the Tom Tom is not on a PC it wont go to the map menu :)

Last edited:
When you connect the unit to the PC with ONLY the map folder on the TomTom (no other folders or loose files) AND you start Home, does it NOT offer an application for the TomTom???

Yes i do get a app. i instald them all now. I left the TOm TOm on for a couple of min, and it when to the maps :S. it takes a couple of min before the maps are loaden :(

Ask a Question