Create POI's

I just got this Tom Tom One 3rd edition and for the most part have been thrilled with it. However, despite all the documentation telling me otherwise I learned here (thanks) that there is no Manage POI's category and there is no "show all" option in preferences.

I wondered, as someone else asked, if I could not download a small POI file and then rename and change it using Tyre or some other program to my own purposes. I'd like to create a file of kayak launch locations in Central Florida. Of course, if someone knows of such a file already in existence that would be great too.

I love the information here, this is a great resource.

I just got this Tom Tom One 3rd edition and for the most part have been thrilled with it. However, despite all the documentation telling me otherwise I learned here (thanks) that there is no Manage POI's category and there is no "show all" option in preferences.

I wondered, as someone else asked, if I could not download a small POI file and then rename and change it using Tyre or some other program to my own purposes. I'd like to create a file of kayak launch locations in Central Florida. Of course, if someone knows of such a file already in existence that would be great too.

Birdman's website may be of help to you...
http://home.comcast.net/~spheasant1/TomTom_custom.html
Check it out

I highly recommend for the 3rd Edition that you use a custom menu that includes the Manage POIs icon. I have instructions below how to do this....you can simply download the TomTom.mnu file I have on that page and put it in the /SdkRegistry directory you create on your TomTom and you'll be all set.

>>> TomTom Custom Menu <<<

I highly recommend for the 3rd Edition that you use a custom menu that includes the Manage POIs icon. I have instructions below how to do this....you can simply download the TomTom.mnu file I have on that page and put it in the /SdkRegistry directory you create on your TomTom and you'll be all set.

>>> TomTom Custom Menu <<<

Thanks. I used the custom mnu file and I like it better than the default menu. I unzipped the downloaded file and placed the resulting folder in the SdkRegistry folder. Of course it did not work until I took the .mnu file out of the folder and put it into the SdkRegistry folder.

Ask a Question