Please help me create my own POI's and icons

Hi Gang!

I am trying to create my own POI's with their own icons. I keep trying different things and get nowhere.

Can anyone please give me the best way to create my own POI's and custom icons for my TT GO 720?

I appreciate all of your help!
Louis;)

Please give us an example of something you would like to create.

Essentially, you go to 'Manage POIs' and the first you you do is 'Add POI category'. (There are some default icons - coloured circles - to get you started.)

Then you start adding individual POIs to this category. The TomTom gives a variety of choices, but 'Address' might be the most useful.

An example of a set of POIs I recently created: it was for my wife's quite large family. I had a list of about 20 people that I wanted to enter. I did this using the method just described.

I also suggest that you use the Search function for this forum to find other posts on this topic.

Hi Gang!

I am trying to create my own POI's with their own icons. I keep trying different things and get nowhere.

Can anyone please give me the best way to create my own POI's and custom icons for my TT GO 720?

I appreciate all of your help!
Louis;)

You may want to check out my customizations page for the TomTom ONE LE....many of these apply to all TomToms: TomTom Goodies

Thanks Birdman..your info really helps!

May I ask what software you use to re-size the image to 24x24?

Thanks!
Louis

Thanks Birdman..your info really helps!

May I ask what software you use to re-size the image to 24x24?

Thanks!
Louis

You are more than welcome!

I've been using a program called Paint Shop Pro for years now. Directly competes with PhotoShop for a mere fraction of the cost.

You could also try using Microsoft Photo Editor.

Thanks Birdman!

I just tried all of your steps, and it WORKED!

I got Lowe's on my TT with the Lowe's logo as a POI.

I appreciate it very much! Louis

Ask a Question