Crashes on iOS 4

Tom Tom USA - Canada crashes on my iPhone 3GS, newly updated to iOS 4, whenever I select a recent destination. Entering a new destination seems to work fine. I often preplan trips and return to them using the recent destinations feature when I'm ready to leave, so this is pretty annoying.

-- Roger

Wait for a new release of the TomTom iPhone software to be made available which will work with the new OS_4 - Perhaps you will get a new V850 map for free along with the update so I guess this is small consolation - Mike

TomTom's latest update for their iPhone app is now ready and waiting in the app store. Changes include:

- Multitasking (Limited to compatible apps and iPhone 3GS only): Continuous visual instructions, even when you are on a call, and lets you see other apps on your screen while still receiving TBT instructions.

- Updated Maps: TomTom app comes with the latest map.

- Route Sharing: Send travel details to your contacts via email.

- EcoRoutes: Reduce your environmental impact using with these more fuel-efficient routes.

- Car Icons: Choose from a number of different of car icons and symbols.

The fun part is that 1.4 adds small polish in places as well that is quite welcome.

It now uses a dark theme for the menu system at night.

It supports navigating to lat/lon coordinates now. Another welcome addition for those trips where I'm given lat/lon waypoints to work with.

The ability to preplan a route and have it added to your calendar is also excellent. It blocks off the time required for the trip, lets you set up a reminder to tell you when to leave, and includes a tomtom link inside the calendar event you can tap to load up the route.

If the update included itinerary support, I'd be pretty much set. :)

Ask a Question