Corfu advice please

I'm going to Corfu at the end of the month and will be hiring a car. I want to take my 730 with me. I know the 730 shows Greece as in the maps. Has anyone used the tom tom in corfu or greece?
Any help or advice would be welcome.

Andrew

HI, I have to admit I haven't been to Greece for a long time and never to Corfu, but I do have the latest maps on my TomTom so I can check any specific areas to see what the mapping looks like, if that helps at all?

Corfu isn't listed as a separate country, and appears under Greece as a city.
In fact it appears several times, as:
Corfou (Corfu)
Corfu (Corfu)
Corf? (Corfu)
Corf? (Corfu)
.. all of which point to the same location - KERKYRA (Corfu)

I searched for POIs nearby to that spot and was surprised - it seems to be quite well covered for some categories. For example:

1 Airport
3 amusement parks
96+ Beaches
12 Car repair garages
lots of cash points
lots of restaurants
lots of hotels
4 ferry terminals

But poor for others (especially health care!)
0 Doctors
0 Dentists
0 Hospitals
0 Pharmacies
0 Bus stations
0 Panoramic views

I noticed that all the town names AND the POIs are listed twice, in both Cyrillic and western type, which could be useful.

The road network LOOKS pretty good, showing major roads, minor roads, and some unmade tracks, but obviously I've no way to tell if anything is missing, just from a cursory browse. As I said, if there's anything you want me to check in particular, just ask.

Ask a Question