Continued Traffic Woes on my 740 TM

Well, I just had an argument with TomTom tech support. I have a GO 740 TM Live and the traffic has not worked on it since day one. I have spent hours on the phone with technical support. Until now, I was also unable to operate mu GO using Home?s emulator. After updating Home today to the newest version, though, the emulator worked. In the emulator traffic also worked.

Now, here is where it gets weird. After removing the GO from the cradle and allowing it to reboot, traffic works on the device. I turn it off and back on and once again, traffic does not work. I verified this several times and consistently repeated the results. I called TomTom technical support mistakenly believing that they might find this information useful. Not only was this information not useful but the tech support person continued to tell me that what I was experiencing is impossible, this could not happen, and he argued with me about it. I asked once again when I might expect a fix and he still could not give me a date. I have until July 17 to return this thing. If it is not fixed by Monday July 12, it will be going back. I explained all of this to the technical support person.

If anyone has any other ideas on what might resolve this, I would love to hear them.

I've been trying to figure this one out - many have this problem and many don't.

Can you post the info in this link? I'm trying to figure out what might be different and causing the problem.

Ask a Question