Connecting to my pc

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Hi there,

My TomTom is connecting to my PC via USB (green light comes on when I plug in USB) but when I go to "update" it states there is no device connected. It says when it comes up on the device "do you want to connect to a computer, say yes" but this option does not come up on my device. I cant seem to find a way to resolve this.

Help please

Try a drum reset on the unit by using the dedicated reset hole on the bottom of the device.

Then put it back in the mount and see if it can connect now.

To add to dhn's recommendation (which is also what I always used to have to do with my 720), understand that just because the light is lit, it isn't 'connected' to your PC. That only means it is receiving power from the PC, but does not necessarily mean it can get any kind of data connection with your PC. The fact that your device isn't asking you whether you want to connect is also an indication of this.

The reset may well work, but if not, be sure you are using the original cable, and if possible, a rear port on your PC, not a front port.

Ask a Question