Connecting to live traffic

TomTom Model(s)
1005 World
Forgive me if this is in the wrong section or I should have joined an existing thread but I'm still finding my way around this forum.
My query
I have spent a lot of money on a 1005 , and must say I'm disappointed it takes forever to get the live traffic to appear but when it does it shows a full signal so why does it take so long to connect ? I could understand it if I was in the middle of knowhere with hardly a signal.
Does the battery status have an affect ? I've noticed it's connected now while nearly fully charged.
Last week when I really needed it on a journey to London it wouldn't connect at all.
Thanks

How long has it been taking and, yes, the battery status might affect the obtaining of LIVE traffic info.

Hello
It's been taking a good ten minutes.
After that it's full signal
Seems strange to take that long and then to be so strong.

I have spent a lot of money on a 1005 , and must say I'm disappointed it takes forever to get the live traffic to appear but when it does it shows a full signal so why does it take so long to connect ? I could understand it if I was in the middle of knowhere with hardly a signal.
Since TomTom sells their products under different names in different countries, I'm not sure whether or not your model has the Bluetooth phone connection function. If it does, this may be the cause of your slow activation of LIVE traffic information, based upon the behavior of my GO LIVE 1535.

At start-up, my 1535 downloads the phone directory from my Android phone, and I have noticed that this causes a massive delay in the appearance of LIVE traffic information. When my phone is turned off, or the Bluetooth pairing is disabled, my GPS normally connects to LIVE traffic fairly quickly. When the Bluetooth connection is active, the LIVE traffic connection never seems to appear until the download of the phone book is complete, which takes a while.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Thanks for that
It does have the Bluetooth function but even with that disabled its still a good ten minutes before that little circle stops spinning in the traffic bar and I get connected.
Maybe this is normal , does anyone else experiance this delay in connecting to live ?
It's not a massive issue I know but you can travel a fair way in ten mins

Ask a Question