Connect Go910 to stereo help

Can anyone help me get my Go910 correctly wired into my car stereo?

I'm using an Alpine-CDA9827 deck with an XM Direct (Alpine) setup

Alpine CDA-9827 CD/MP3/WMA receiver at Crutchfield.com
ALPINE XM Direct XM Radio Universal Tuner System - XMDALP100

And a back view of the stereo:
Dec13-14005.jpg

The top two component rows are occupied with an amplifier powering component speakers, I assume I just need to buy a "Y" component splitter for the TomTom's single plug to the bottom two remaining spots?

I put in my entire aftermarket stereo 3-4 years ago and since then I have forgotten practically everything :eek:

Another question. If I hook up my iPhone to the TomTom so I can listen to it through my car stereo, will I be able to listen to internet streams such as Pandora or will the audio be restricted to the iPod app only?

Last edited:
I have a 910 also. I wrote a rather lengthy explanation about hooking up the unit but when I took a look at the specifications for your radio it does not appear to have inputs. The specs say that is has
"Three sets of 4-volt preamp outputs are ready to provide signal to your outboard amps" and I bet those are the three sets that you are showing in your picture. The specs go further to say "optional auxiliary input" so if you did not buy that you may not be able to accomplish what you are attempting. Again, it is very difficult without better documentation and actually seeing the radio. If you find out there does exist an input then you can buy the adapters you mentioned if indeed that is the configuration. The cable came with the TT originally. There are several configurations that will adapt it to rca plugs, that is the type you are showing, but again, you better be very sure you are not attempting to wire into an output or you could have a very expensive paper weight. Check with a pro. Probably not cost much and could save you some grief.

BTW some of those models could be fitted with adapters to run your ipod but since they are no longer in production I think...those may be unavailable.

Thanks for the feedback. I want to use the stereo not only for the iPod but to listen to my phone through the speakers as well. I will have to find a solution..

If you can find the "adapter" that the documentation discusses perhaps you can solve your problem. I cannot locate it on the net however.

I do believe that is it. Don't know why I did not find it. Anyway what that does is give you a left and right audio input. Should work and the price is not prohibitive. You may have to use the menu to activate the aux port on some receivers but I am not sure about yours.

Last edited:
Nevermind...Go 910 and the Alpine stereo were stolen last night. Actually they didn't take the stereo but ripped off the front portion of the faceplate so it's unusable. Thanks for the help anyways.

I find it very odd that my car gets broken into and everything stolen just a couple of days after I posted this question on several car audio forums. I've never had any problems until now.

Last edited:

Ask a Question