Confusion about POIs?

I just got a One XL after using a Garmin StreetPilot i2 for many years. I loved the Garmin, but it was definitely showing its age.

My Garmin had all the businesses loaded into memory. I could pull up, say, the closest Home Depot without a hitch. On the TomTom, the listings are very hit-and-miss. Just this weekend, it wanted me to drive 700 miles to the "closest" Home Depot. If I look for places of worship, it lists all the synagogues and temples for dozens of miles... but no churches!

Is my TomTom confused? Does it not come with the same business listings that my trusty Garmin did?

I apologize if this is a common request, but thanks for any help!

Norman

the tomtom poi database is notorious for what it doesn't have, especially in the one units. due to the one gig internal memory, the maps and database are downsized to fit the unit.

you can get a much larger and more useful database here, post number 18.
this was designed for the tomtom with large storage space. You will need an sd card to use these though.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=10554&page=2&highlight=flyer1024

Ask a Question