new map confusion

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
Hello,

I tried to use TomTom's Latest Map Guarantee, but TomTom Home said I ran out of memory (8.5MB) toward the end of the download process.

I now have a larger SD card, and tried to download the map, but it is no longer available to me (I've only had this TomTom 730 for 2 weeks). Instead it says that this map needs to be activated. Did the map completely download? If not, how may I try the download again? If so, where might I find this activation code?

I am confused and my TomTom is currently out of commission.

Please help! Thank you so much.

Start TomTom Home and select Tools/ Preferences/ Folder preferences one of the folder paths will be for downloads, start Windows Explorer and go to the folder where Home stores downloads can you see your map in that folder? - Mike

followed your instructions

Hello MikeAlder,

Thank you for posting your reply. I am using a Mac (OS 10.5.8) and found the following under my TomTom/HOME/Download/complete/map/North_America_2GB:

- "activation_map_51029.cab" (4KB)
- "map14501-1.gif" (12KB)
- "map14501.gif" (4KB)
- "North_America_2GB.toc" (8KB)
- "North_America_2GB.zip" (1.58GB)

What should I do from here? Thank you very much.

I think you use Stuffit Expander on the MAC system to extract the files from the download to a single folder, you need to start with the North_America_2GB.zip file then unzip the contentes of the file activation_map_51029.cab to the same folder, finally copy the whole lot as a single folder to your TomTom.

I only use Windows based PC's so I am not 100% on some of the terms used on a Mac, on Windows based PC I would use WinRar to extract/ unzip the downloads and then copy the files to the device using Windows Explorer - Mike

On a Mac, use Finder instead of Explorer (Windows) to move the files as Mike described.

Ask a Question