Map confusion

I got my ONE about a week ago (give or take; I ordered from Amazon). I have the USA & Canada maps v 6.65. The North American maps are more than $100.

Is there a benefit to these? I've also seen people talking about a shipping-only deal for eligible customers. Where do I get information on that and whether I'm eligible?

TT's website isn't very well laid out. I often go round in circles. Thanks much.

I believe you are refering to the Map Update 2006 DVD, which is available to people who have a map version of lower than 6.65. They only charge $6 for shipping which is worth it because you are paying for a DVD that contains numberous maps including the NA maps. This promotion is till June 15th.

The problem is though, if you order through the US/Canada site, they ask for a serial number and check to see if you have the latest maps. If you have 6.65 it will tell you that youhave the latest and you won't be able to continue.

I have a TomTom ONE v4. I tried it before the first deadline passed and my serial number doesn't qualify :( I wanted the DVD for the NA maps. Ah well.

Well the deadline has been extended to June 15 but because the the TT1v3 come with the new maps, their serial numbers won't qulaify for the DVD upgrade.

Advantages?

What's the difference between the NA maps and the US & Canada map? I can see it's significantly bigger. Is it more accurate or does it have more info?

Thanks!

Ask a Question