first time confusion - help please

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 'New Edition'
I have just opened my new refurbished TomTom One (from EBay). The model number is 4N00.005. I show that I have version 7.130. Upon startup of connecting to the computer to TomTom Home, the message that I have V4 installed (or something to the effect of that, but definitely says V4).

I have made a full backup of the system using Home.

Now the questions.

What do I have? I have searched for the model number cross reference and find some saying I have a One V2, others saying I have One LE (which I thought was only sold through Best Buy). I have 1 GB internal memory and an SD card slot, if that helps.

I'm charging this thing to a full charge after setting up my original position. When I try and check for updates, I get a message indicating "Network error". I'm not sure I have an account really. How do I check for map updates? How do I tell which maps I have?

To make this short and less annoying (sorry for the length so far), what's really left for me to do now?

Thanks for any help.

Steve

I have just opened my new refurbished TomTom One (from EBay). The model number is 4N00.005. I show that I have version 7.130. Upon startup of connecting to the computer to TomTom Home, the message that I have V4 installed (or something to the effect of that, but definitely says V4).

I have made a full backup of the system using Home.

Now the questions.

What do I have? I have searched for the model number cross reference and find some saying I have a One V2, others saying I have One LE (which I thought was only sold through Best Buy). I have 1 GB internal memory and an SD card slot, if that helps.

I'm charging this thing to a full charge after setting up my original position. When I try and check for updates, I get a message indicating "Network error". I'm not sure I have an account really. How do I check for map updates? How do I tell which maps I have?

To make this short and less annoying (sorry for the length so far), what's really left for me to do now?

Thanks for any help.

Steve
It's proabaly a version 4, or Late Edition. Pretty much identical to the v2.
What are you doing to check for updates?
You can see your map version by tapping the signal bar area, then the small square in the bottom right corner that says version 7.130

The information in the device says:

App 7.130 (8476/070912) OS:2311
GPS v1.21 Boot 5.3026
Maps v710.1575

I'm trying to update using TomTom Home. I have yet been able to login. I either get a "Network Error" or a "Can't log you in at this time", but it tries to update the device anyway. It says I'm logged in to Plus as anonimous. It does try to update the QuickFix and application. But I get a message when trying QuickFix saying:

Cannot install this item: Ephimeris file: This file is included with the item, but should not be there: lto.dat

When upgrading the application, it says:

An error occured while downloading this file: no file.

So I think if I could just get logged into their server, all would be peachy. I underline the words "I think".

Do you have any suggestions for me? Is this pretty normal to run into server problems all the time?

Thanks for the help.

Steve

Well, apparently the TT server problem resolved itself and I got logged in.

After that, the whole world decided to update itself properly - the application, HOME, MapShare, maps, everything.

Thanks for the reply, and hopefully I won't have any more questions to ask.

BTW, the version of this thing keeps saying either "New Edition" or "V4". Is that sounding appropriate to anyone?

Steve

Well, apparently the TT server problem resolved itself and I got logged in.

After that, the whole world decided to update itself properly - the application, HOME, MapShare, maps, everything.

Thanks for the reply, and hopefully I won't have any more questions to ask.

BTW, the version of this thing keeps saying either "New Edition" or "V4". Is that sounding appropriate to anyone?

Steve
Great, glad to hear you're all set up! Yes, v4 and New Edition are the same terminology. It's the latest version of the ONE.

Smokiewolf,

Thanks for the kind words.

Is this the same as the 'LE' also? Is Limited Edition and Late Edition the same device?

Steve

Smokiewolf,

Thanks for the kind words.

Is this the same as the 'LE' also? Is Limited Edition and Late Edition the same device?

Steve
I have never heard it called limited edition, the LE stands for Late edition, which is the same as v4. The only difference between it and the v2 is that it was manufactured after the v3.

TomTom ONE V4 = TomTom ONE LE = TomTom New Edition

Numbers on bottom of unit = 4N00.005

"LE" stands for LIMITED EDITION as advertised on BestBuy when they sold them

See the paragraphs on the first page of my Website: >>> HERE <<<

Last edited:

Ask a Question