Complete Erase Go720

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I want to sell my TomTom Go 720 and completely erase everything then just restore the most recent map I purchased. Can someone provide me with the steps involved? I already did a backup on my computer (Windows PC).

Well, restore to factory default. That will remove any custom settings. Delete the mapsettings.cfg file from the map folder. (The unit will recreate on boot-up). Remove any custom ov2 files you may have installed.

That's a much better solution.

If you were to actually erase everything and "just put the latest map back on" then you'd obviously have to put stuff like voices and postcodes files back on too, and you might well miss something important.

I don't want my custom voices I recorded on there. I just want the recent map file on there. Great suggestions though. So I assume dhn's response would work and this is all done from the software on my computer, correct?

dhn's procedure will work just fine. All you need to do afterward is to use Home to remove the voices. That should finish off any custom items (unless you added custom car icons or some such).

Ask a Question