Clearing Just ONE route???

I had several routes saved on my ONE XL-S. They were just the first few that I had saved, but there was one I wanted to save. On the unit, when I selected "Clear route", I was asked it I wanted to clear ALL routes (emphasis mine). Since I wanted to save that one route, I did not continue. Well, thinking that the feature might be better implemented on the TomTom Home "Operate my device", I went there, navigated to the "Clear route" option and was not asked about clearing any or all routes, just "Clear route?". I did, and ALL routes were cleared. There was no warning or indication that I was about to clear all of the saved routes.

Not the biggest tragedy in the world today, but annoying to me anyway.

Is there any way to clear just one route on the ONE XL-S?

Thanks.

I had several routes saved on my ONE XL-S. They were just the first few that I had saved, but there was one I wanted to save. On the unit, when I selected "Clear route", I was asked it I wanted to clear ALL routes (emphasis mine). Since I wanted to save that one route, I did not continue. Well, thinking that the feature might be better implemented on the TomTom Home "Operate my device", I went there, navigated to the "Clear route" option and was not asked about clearing any or all routes, just "Clear route?". I did, and ALL routes were cleared. There was no warning or indication that I was about to clear all of the saved routes.

Not the biggest tragedy in the world today, but annoying to me anyway.

Is there any way to clear just one route on the ONE XL-S?

Thanks.

No, it's all or nothing.

Having said that, one poster has said that if you choose: navigate to--recent destination--pick the destination you want deleted. As soon as TT starts to process the request, hit the 'cancel' button and that destination (route) disappears.

No, it's all or nothing.

Having said that, one poster has said that if you choose: navigate to--recent destination--pick the destination you want deleted. As soon as TT starts to process the request, hit the 'cancel' button and that destination (route) disappears.

Yikes!!!! - I just tried that and deleted all of them :eek: :eek:

Dang it - will need to see if they can be reinstalled with the restore function.

Edit: Recent destinations isn't a part of the restore process. Now I need to go back and find all those addresses on scraps of paper!

Last edited:
Yikes!!!! - I just tried that and deleted all of them :eek: :eek:

Dang it - will need to see if they can be reinstalled with the restore function.

Edit: Recent destinations isn't a part of the restore process. Now I need to go back and find all those addresses on scraps of paper!

sorry, Pirate...I was just reporting what I read, not what I tried.

Does it make a difference if you copy the mapsettings.cfg from a backup to your map folder on the unit? I know that file keeps your favourites but not sure about recent destinations.

sorry, Pirate...I was just reporting what I read, not what I tried.

Does it make a difference if you copy the mapsettings.cfg from a backup to your map folder on the unit? I know that file keeps your favourites but not sure about recent destinations.

Replacing the mapsettings file worked. Thanks man - that's pretty detailed knowledge :cool: I'm impressed!

Not blaming you for bad info at all. I've since read that it may be better to turn your recent destinations into itineraries or favorites if you want to save them.

Just tried to delete a single destination again and it worked so I was obviously doing something wrong the first time. You need to be quick but you can absolutely delete one at a time.

Last edited:
Replacing the mapsettings file worked. Thanks man - that's pretty detailed knowledge :cool: I'm impressed!

Not blaming you for bad info at all. I've since read that it may be better to turn your recent destinations into itineraries or favorites if you want to save them.

Just tried to delete a single destination again and it worked so I was obviously doing something wrong the first time. You need to be quick but you can absolutely delete one at a time.

Thank you for the feedback and I'm glad things seem ok now (also, I can breathe a little easier, at least, for the moment! :eek: )

Ask a Question