Checking brightness has opposite effect

TomTom Model(s)
Go 510 4GB
When I check the box for adjusting brightness for night time, it turns OFF the adjustment and stays fully lit.

I went nuts trying to figure out why my Go 510 was not dimming at night even though the night map correctly showed up. So I finally decided to UNcheck the "adjust brightness" box just for grins. Now it adjusts properly.

It works but I am curious why. I have not found a pin to reset it to see if that corrects it. Any idea how the choice could be reversed?

I get that often on my 910, no idea why it does that. I do a hard reset on the unit and recheck the proper settings and then it works fine again. So reset your unit and do what I just said. That should work fine!

Though I would like to know why this happens?!?! Any info out there?

I figured a hard reset would clear it up. That and reflashing the unit seems to clean up most all issues.

I am thinking that checking or unchecking just "toggles" whatever setting is there instead of "setting" it to what you choose. At a reset it is set correctly. Each time you check or uncheck, it toggles the state. But if it gets messed up, it seems like the checking or unchecking is backwards. It is still toggling each time.

Not sure if this makes sense and it is just a WAG on my part.

Ask a Question