Newbie Checking In

TomTom Model(s)
XL 340 TM Live
Hi,

I'm on my third XL 340 TM Live (first two had to be sent back). I think this one is finally working, but it doesn't seem to be connecting to traffic.

I'm hoping folks can direct me to the proper forum for this discussion. I hope eventually to be able to contribute.

Earble

Perhaps try a reset on the unit. Hold the power button for about 10 seconds on that model (don't think it comes with a dedicated reset hole on the bottom)

Perhaps try a reset on the unit. Hold the power button for about 10 seconds on that model (don't think it comes with a dedicated reset hole on the bottom)

Tried this. Didn't work. I'm on the road right now (which is why I wanted the traffic), so I'll try a hard reset when I get home.

I'm on my third device and haven't gotten all of the features to work yet. TomTom has pretty bad QA, don't they?

Thanks for your help, dhn.

Earblr

You mentioned this is your 3rd unit. Did you use a different email account in Home from your prior units?

The traffic server can't handle two active traffic devices with the same email.

If that happenned, create a new email address for the new device and call up tomtom to transfer your free trial subscription to the new email.

Ask a Question