Cheapest TT for OV2 Capability?

Hey Guys,

Sorry to ask a noob question like this, but am looking for the cheapest TomTom that can use POI Files or OV2 Files. Recently got popped by a fixed speed camera, and began researching proper defenses. And before any of you red light zealots begin preaching, I only want this for speed camera defense, as I hate red light runners! (I am more tolerant of speeders on the freeway).

Since POI Factory has an updated list of speed cameras, I thought I would pick up a used TomTom, upload the speed camera poi file, and see how it all works.

Thanks in advance!

Craig

Try a 125 for just a US map, a 130 with Canada as well.

Thanks! So I've found a ONE XL locally used for 65$ with car charger. Will that one work with the OV2 files? It seems like the uploading of OV2/CSV files is done through the Home software, is that correct? And if it is correct, does the Home software work with all of the TomTom units?

Thanks for the patience with my noobness.

Craig

There are some TT models that will not allow the installing of custom ov2 files. You'll have to see if a user with your model confirms that it can.

Further, while Home works with ALL models, the emulator function 'Operate My Unit' doesn't work with some models. Again, a user will have to confirm.

If your model DOES allow for the dl of custom ov2 files, then just use Windows Explorer to copy the ov2 file into the map folder.

Ask a Question