Charging unit

When new, maybe a couple of hours at best with battery savings options used (if you have that functionality) and then the charge slowly degrades to almost nothing over time.

Use the car charger, that's why TT provides it.

I recently got a new GO 730. This is my first portable GPS, I got used to a car?s built in GPS where I never had to think about charging it. I keep this portable GPS connected to a car?s charger all the time which only works when the engine is on. After several trips the battery in GPS completely died and even when connected to the working charger would not keep it on.
Is it normal?
I tested the GO by leaving it overnight plugged in the docking and then leaved it on disconnected. It stayed on for 2 hours and 5 min.
So I guess charging it only by a car is not enough, I?ll have to bring it home to plug overnight.

That's strange.

Normally charging by the car charger is more effective since the charger (if TomTom) provides at least 1.0V where a usb charge is often half of that.

The mini USB style in car chargers that TomTom supply with the device are all designed to output 5V DC but the current rating can change as a number of different types of charger have been supplied over the past few years, some offer one amp output, others two amps output and there are some that are between one and two amps, all chargers are 5 Volts though - Mike

Ask a Question