changing the acivation code

bod

hi

i just reinstalled tomtom onto my pda. updated the maps but now when i try to use it it gives message reaing wrong activation code.

i do have the right activation code , which is legit.but how do i change it.

sorry if thats not enought info,anything else just ask

thanks everyone

Not a lot of PDA users over here. I am assuming you did a reinstall because you did a routine (master reset, app upgrade, etc.) that completely wiped your unit. Using the original activation code probably would not work , as it has most likely expired - plus it is an activation code for your original map.

I would have thought you would have gotten a new activation code with your updated map (if it came on a CD/DVD), as the application itself is not controlled (you can wipe a unit and reinstall the application without any need for activation), but the maps are protected. Did your updated map not come with its own code?

How did you get the map? It looks like the normal procedure over there for PDA's is like with the GPS devices - you connect to the internet and use TomTom Home to order and download maps to your device, then they are installed and activated on the device without a code. The downloaded maps remain accessible through Home for one year. These are attached to your TomTom ACCOUNT (not device) on your computer and are accessible fthrough that account for one year.

Over here, you would call TomTom support and explain the situation and most likely they would get you set up.

I would guess that should also be the case over there. Do not do it with an email to support, as that appears to be a universal waste of time.

If you got a map from a source like eBay on a CD/DVD, you may be out of luck though. In any case - I would call support

Ask a Question