changing speed limits

TomTom Model(s)
XXL540S
I am trying to set the many changes to speed limits on a route. When I use Map correction and the Point on Map selection I need to zoon in and zoom out to find the exact locations for the speed changes. TT asks is this the street selection correct and shows me an image which is like an aerial or satellite photo and zoomed right out. This scale is impossible to work with and makes it very difficult to zoom in on the right spot. The same image loads when I select Edit. Maybe I have changed something as it has only just started to do this. How can I make it zoom out just a little and still show the graphic image of the roads?
Margek

How can I make it zoom out just a little and still show the graphic image of the roads?
Margek
I found that it was nearly impossible to do this at any level of detail on the unit itself. While I haven't done so lately, my best luck was making the changes on the PC using TomTom Home to "Operate" the unit and selecting with the mouse. It was far easier to create the "green" selections that way.

Note, however, that you can only select chunks of road with the same level of granularity that exists on the map. That may sometimes mean that you can't slice and dice it as finely as you would like. I've never quite figured out how, apart from major intersections, they make the cut.

To be honest trying to alter the speed limit for a short section of road is a waste of your time, you can spend hours refining the submission for it not to be included on the next map update (or the next three map updates) - I am sick of reporting the end of the M61 (yes its a UK Motorway has a speed limit of 70) the maps seem to think its 50MPH

Ever heard that saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" sometimes they simply don't want to listen - Mike

Last edited:
Ever heard that saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" sometimes they simply don't want to listen - Mike

Thought it was "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it to the backstroke" :)

Ask a Question