Does changing road speed affect arrival time?

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by ezerhoden, Jun 7, 2008.

1. ezerhoden

ezerhoden

TomTom Model(s):
    Go 720, One LE
    I am curious if changing a roads speed limit has an effect on the ETA. Also does it effect routing? I am curious if these chages are considered by the routing engine or are these changes only noticed on the display of the unit.

ezerhoden, Jun 7, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. ezerhoden

m0j0

TomTom Model(s):
    920T
    I have noticed a difference since I updated to the new maps. The speed limits are appearing in the display. So far I haven't noticed route changes but the route calculation times are much closer. On a 45 minute trip I have out of 8 attempts (with traffic ant) I have not been more than 4-5 minutes off and have been spot on 2 or 3 times. Before I was always about 8-9 minutes early.

m0j0, Jun 7, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. ezerhoden

TMTT

It takes the suggested road speed from th every point you are going FORWARD. However if you clock out a simple trip with a stopwatch VS the TT as you go you will see the time shift to sooner on the stopwatch than that which is displayed on the TT.

TMTT, Jun 8, 2008
  4. ezerhoden

ChillyCat

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 720

I'm seeing/experiencing similar results.

Very nice !! Since I can confidently call ahead to a company's recieving department giving them a reliable time of arrival of the freight i'm about to deliver.

ChillyCat, Jun 8, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question