change route tomtom 30 to avoid road works

TomTom Model(s)
One (30 Series)/125/130 (512 MB) and XXL Classic - 2GB TTS
I need to travel from Newcastle to Leeds Bradford airport but their are about 20 miles of roadworks on the A1. I have tried to re-route via York using the A19. I have put in the route then Via York but I cant get it to deviate from the A1 Would appreciate any suggestions. Using live Tomtom map can you change the route by using a via command (if its there I don't know how to find it)

Welcome to TTF.

I'm moved your post to a more appropriate forum here.

Can you use mapshare to block the A1, and not share the change with others?

Then unblock the road when the construction is finished?

If you do decide to block the A1 you will probably have to do it in more than one location or the unit will try and get back on that road further down.
I appreciate dhn has mentioned not sharing this "road block" but please take care when using MapShare in this way, if your data was uploaded to TomTom it shouldn't get sent to everyone else, but we have seen such road closures sent out en-block which can cause problems when your not expecting them (M3, M4, A34 being a few notable "mistakes" from the past) - Mike

I'm assuming that's an XL30 you're talking about. You might well be able to force your way around it by creating an itinerary with stops carefully placed along whatever parallel route you have in mind. If placed frequently enough, or your parallel route is far enough off the A1, your unit will not try to route you back to the A1.

You can set up as many as 48 points in each itinerary.

Possible work round. If I use tomtom maps and put home as start point and finish just north of York it uses the A19 route that I want to use then I could do a second route (after downloading it) from York to the airport which would then avoid all the road works.

I'm assuming that's an XL30 you're talking about. You might well be able to force your way around it by creating an itinerary with stops carefully placed along whatever parallel route you have in mind. If placed frequently enough, or your parallel route is far enough off the A1, your unit will not try to route you back to the A1.
You can set up as many as 48 points in each itinerary.

I have the basic 30. I tried using the "via" option but it must be to close to the main route as it only shows the main route with a marker beside York. I will try the "cross road" option where the A19 joins the ring road round York Joe

I have the basic 30.
Ah, right. If that's the "ONE 30", there's no itinerary planning available.

Sorry I should of said it's the ONE 30. I have found by using Google Earth, with the roads showing, I took a Lat Long reading halfway along the A19 to York and using the the "Travel Via" entered the Lat Long it is now routing along the road I want to use. :) The journey will be a bit longer but I gather from friends the roadworks are causing a lot of holdups.

Ask a Question