TomTom changes Tyre route

when I created a itinerary route in Tyre and then load it into my TomTom, and then select the route from the itinerary menu, TomTom asks me "The first destination is (the final destination in my case). Navigate there now?"

When I select Yes, it then asks me how the route should be planned and gives me the following choices:
Fastest route
shortest route
avoid freeways
walking route
bicycle route
limited speed

I select fastest route (or any of the others) and TomTom changes my Tyre route. How do I get it NOT to make changes to my planned route??

If you add more waypoints in Tyre, it'll force TT to stick with the route you want. TYRE just adds the points, TT's algorithm determines how to get from one point to the next.

That's why the more points you put in, the less TT can deviate from your chosen path......

unfortunately, my TomTom says I have limited waypoints that I can put in and, in order for the TomTom to not change my route, I need to add a crap load of them.

There must be some other way for it to take the Tyre itinerary as gospel and just follow that route. Isn't there?

I'm just going to mention that with google that the way points have to be fairly precise in order to keep your route on track, I know the first time I tried it for a 135 mi trip and ran the test I had to go back a few times to double check the way points in order to get it the way I wanted it......

Also the placement of Waypoints is VERY important. Do not put a waypoint close to an exit ramp on the interstate ,TT will have you exit at that point then send you some crazy way then put you back on the Interstate further down....I have run into that problem before.....

A question about Tyre. Once a route is created and saved, in what directory is it saved? I was thinking that one could plan a long trip by making a lot of shorter itn files, load just the files to be taken that day into TT and load the next day's legs each night. But first, I need to know where to find them in Tyre.

An itinerary created by TYRE or, in fact, by yourself on the unit, is stored in the itn folder on your unit.

I have created several ITN files with Tyre and or Houghi and then saved them to my TT. I have found that indeed TT will change the route but what I did find is that if I disabled IQ routing TT didn't change the route.

IMO I think what TT does if you have IQ routing enabled is direct you to the quickest route and not the route that you made, I am not 100% sure on this but I have done some testing with IQ routing on/off and it does make a difference. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question