Change position of POI not given by TT

TomTom Model(s)
One XLS
Sometimes, I'm trying to move some POI's because they are not in the correct location.
When I try to move it, TT is telling me that it's not a POI given by TT.
How can I change those ?

Yes, it's under Manage POIs. You basically have to go in and edit the Custom POI by deleting the existing one and then adding it back in the correct place.

I tried to do that and it works. The only issue is that I have only the POI category added in the menu (I have for example bankofamerica coming from this forum). I cannot pick Restaurant for example.
Is there different POI category ?

I tried to do that and it works. The only issue is that I have only the POI category added in the menu (I have for example bankofamerica coming from this forum). I cannot pick Restaurant for example.
Is there different POI category ?

Doing it the way you just did will only allow you to edit the custom POIs. Doing it the way you first tried will work with the built in POIs, or at least that has been my experience. Many of the built in POIs look like custom POIs but are not (B of A is an example of this, on my 720 when I enable ATMs all of the B 0f A ones show up with the B of A logo, not the ATM logo even though they are ATM POIs).

There is a chance I have this completely bassackwards though.

If you want to add, say, a Denny's as bot a Denny's AND a restaurant you have to add both POIs,with the built in Restaurant category being added first. You can then edit that and change it's category to the custom Denny's category. I'm not sure if this leaves you with two POIs in the same spot or not but I do it because I would rather update the mapshare POI and have my custom image for Denny's show.

Ask a Question