Change default icons for built in POIs?

I hate the crappy black and white default icons for the POIs that came already installed in my tomtom. Is there anyway I can change some of them?

A long time ago, there was a post to change the generic restaurant icon to the Applebee's logo in certain areas:

I would presume, if it works, just substitute the Applebee .bmp with one of your choosing.

In any event, this is what I have:

Applebee's Poi

Turn On Tomtom Tap And Go To Page 2 Of 3 Tap Browse Map Then Tap Find , Tap Address, Tap City Center (for Example Miami Fl)
Tap Blue Dot , Tap Find Poi , Tap Any Poi Catagory, Tap With In 150m,
Write Applebee, You Will See All Applebees In That City,
Tap First Square, Tap Blue Dot ,tap Add As Poi , Write Applebee,
Tap Done! And Continue With All Squares You Will Have All New Icons With Logo. Instead Of Square With Fork And Knife......
Was That Clear?

I just downloaded the Sam's Club from the TomTom Home site and I know there are a lot more than 48 of them in the US so this will help.

I want to bump this up for the newbies like myself and it just doesn't have to be the Applebee's icon.

Ask a Question