Carpool lanes

Why does my 910 not know if I'm using the carpool lane? I see the carpool lanes on the 3d view but gives directions as if I were in the regular lanes.

Nice catch wilboy. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue. I know around here anyway, Car pool lanes have limited exits. So if you use one but plan to get off at a certain exit, you need to be aware that the car pool lane might not allow an exit where you want to get off. Luckily the TomTom will auto-reroute if needed though!

Anyone else experiencing this? 90% of the time, when routing to HOME from work, I am prompted for Toll Road (I select No) and then Car Pool lanes (I select No). However, the TomTom will think I indicated yes for Car Pool and direct me to the car pool lanes. This is very annoying and I can't use the audio features of the device because it keeps telling me to "Stay left" every couple of miles. Is there a fix for this aside from turning off the audio prompts? This occurs for both voice control and manual trip planning.

Model: Via 1535
NA Map: v8.90

Is this after the unit has offered a different route because of traffic on the original route? If so, I think that it's a known bug in the application.

In planning preferences, is that where you set the choices for Car Pool Lanes and Toll Roads? And what settings did you choose? Always avoid? Always take? Always ask?

I have "Ask me when there are carpool lanes on my route" selected. When prompted on this route, I always select No, and sometimes it does not prompt me. Again, in both cases, 90% of the time it thinks I want the carpool lane.

I have "Ask me when there are carpool lanes on my route" selected. When prompted on this route, I always select No, and sometimes it does not prompt me. Again, in both cases, 90% of the time it thinks I want the carpool lane.
I have the options in my GO LIVE1535 set to "No. Do not ask", because I am able to use the car pool lanes only 0.5 percent of the time. Accordingly, I have no experience with this potential issue. I'll try to remember to change the option to your settings when I go home tonight, to see how my 1535 behaves.

Having said this, I would think that we would have seen more reports of this if it is common.

- Tom -

Instead of using the Home option for routing, I tried just routing to my address and saying NO to carpool lanes. TT still directed me to the carpool lane. Wish this could be resolved.

I'll try to remember to change the option to your settings when I go home tonight, to see how my 1535 behaves.
I changed my settings to match yours and have driven for several days without duplicating your issue. I get asked if I want to take the car pool lane, decline to do so, and I have no directions associated with car pool lanes until the next trip.

However, a thought has crossed my mind on this subject. As you sure that the 1535 is telling you to USE the car pool lane? Is it possible that the "Reality View" screen is warning you to AVOID the car pool lane?

The reason that I am asking this is that there is a location on the southbound I-405 in Irvine, not long before I-405 merges with I-5, where my 1535 always switches to Reality View and warns me to avoid the car pool lane. I have never understood why it does so, but it does this at exactly the same place every time. The instruction is not necessary in my opinion, but it is not actually wrong - just surplus. That quirk is not unique to my 1535, as my XXL540 does the same thing.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

I think this may be unique to my device :-(. Regarding your questions,

First, I am asked if I want to use Toll Roads, and I enter NO, then I am asked if I want to use Carpool Lanes, and I enter NO.

While travelling, I am prompted to ENTER the carpool lane at each carpool entry point enroute with the Reality View, with the double-left arrows pointing me in that direction. It is not an "avoid" message.

In your signature, you list a GO Live 1535. Is that the same as my VIA 1535?

In your signature, you list a GO Live 1535. Is that the same as my VIA 1535?

I'm fairly certain it's NOT....

GO LIVE 1535 M

VIA 1535 Series

That's why I have an ongoing campaign for everyone (mods included!) to always use full model names and numbers here, especially now this is a much more international forum. (eg there's a Go540 in Europe and an XXL540 in the US/Canada)

Ask a Question