HOV Lanes

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
Ok, when I get the answer I'm probably going to say to my self.... "Self... why didn't you think of that", but what are HOV lanes? I was playing and did a route from home to Orlando. when it calculated the route the unit advised me that the current route involves HOV lanes and asks if I want to avoid them.

tks

J

Ok, when I get the answer I'm probably going to say to my self.... "Self... why didn't you think of that", but what are HOV lanes? I was playing and did a route from home to Orlando. when it calculated the route the unit advised me that the current route involves HOV lanes and asks if I want to avoid them.

tks

J

HOV lanes are lanes that are for two or more people in the Vehicle,
I am sure you will be traveling with more than your self going to Orlando .:D
So using them may save you time in heavy traffic.

Last edited:
See.... Car Pool Lanes.... why don't they just call it that. Makes sense. I am looking to plan a trip to Orlando maybe next year. Not sure if we are going to drive or fly. Not much difference in the cost if you book ahead.

Thanks for the follow up.

J

...what are HOV lanes?
High Occupancy Vehicle Lanes. High occupancy usually means more than one person. Also, usually, Motorcycles can also use HOV lanes.

I was gonna say something silly, like, they are Horrendous Odious Vile Lanes and to be sure to avoid them! But, nah, I won't! :D

-Frank

LOL.... ya, I was thinking of some possibilities.... not for mixed company.....LOL. Guess I'll have to get myself a blow up doll if I'm going to travel alone.

J

LOL.... ya, I was thinking of some possibilities.... not for mixed company.....LOL. Guess I'll have to get myself a blow up doll if I'm going to travel alone.

J
That happens! Every once in a while, here in Denver, Colorado, some guy is on the news 'cuz he got caught in an HOV lane with a blow-up doll. They actually look for that! No sense of humor, I guess! :D

-Frank

I was sure someone would have tried that. I can only imagine the conversation with the Police Officer......

"no really she's my girlfriend"

J

I was sure someone would have tried that. I can only imagine the conversation with the Police Officer......
"no really she's my girlfriend"
I guess they don't have heavy traffic on Moncton.

If you come to Toronto you will find that the HOV bus lanes require three or more passengers except for cabs.

No, not compared to the big city. Home (on the edge of the city) to work (downtown) 10 minutes during morning rush hour traffic.

J

Ask a Question