Cars v. Truck lanes

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by berkisho, Dec 28, 2006.

1. berkisho

berkisho

TomTom Model(s):
    I just got a TT910...I live in NJ and frequently tavel the NJ Turnpike. the Turnpike has a split for Cars Only or Cars, Trucks, Busses.

My TT always tells me to take the cars only lanes, however the Cars, Trucks, Busses lane are usually faster - is their anyway to program the TT to avoid the cars only lane?

berkisho, Dec 28, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. berkisho

omatzyo

Hello! I'm actually headed up to NY later today for a wedding, so I'll have a chance to try this...

I would think the "easiest" way would be to use the "avoid part of route" function. You'll have to press this every time you plan a route... but it really isn't too bothersome:

touch screen, find alternative, avoid part of route, then touch the portion of the trip which is on the cars only... if this is part of a larger road and avoid part of route won't work, you can try "travel via"

go to find alternative, then travel via, then point on map... locate the cars/buses/trucks Northbound road, click it somewhere in the middle and let the tomtom do its thing...

the only problem is that, like i said, you'll have to do this every time you program a route! hope that helps!

omatzyo, Dec 28, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. berkisho

berkisho

TomTom Model(s):
    THank You

omatzyo - Thank you that helped...although I wish it was a "preference I could set, as I travel that road often.

berkisho, Dec 28, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question