Cars v. Truck lanes

TomTom Model(s)
I just got a TT910...I live in NJ and frequently tavel the NJ Turnpike. the Turnpike has a split for Cars Only or Cars, Trucks, Busses.

My TT always tells me to take the cars only lanes, however the Cars, Trucks, Busses lane are usually faster - is their anyway to program the TT to avoid the cars only lane?

I just got a TT910...I live in NJ and frequently tavel the NJ Turnpike. the Turnpike has a split for Cars Only or Cars, Trucks, Busses.

My TT always tells me to take the cars only lanes, however the Cars, Trucks, Busses lane are usually faster - is their anyway to program the TT to avoid the cars only lane?

Hello! I'm actually headed up to NY later today for a wedding, so I'll have a chance to try this...

I would think the "easiest" way would be to use the "avoid part of route" function. You'll have to press this every time you plan a route... but it really isn't too bothersome:

touch screen, find alternative, avoid part of route, then touch the portion of the trip which is on the cars only... if this is part of a larger road and avoid part of route won't work, you can try "travel via"

go to find alternative, then travel via, then point on map... locate the cars/buses/trucks Northbound road, click it somewhere in the middle and let the tomtom do its thing...

the only problem is that, like i said, you'll have to do this every time you program a route! hope that helps!

Ask a Question