How can i avoid lanes?

How can i make my 730 use A roads or larger only?
I use a trailor to go to events and it keeps taking me down tiny lanes

Thank's in advance

Best you can hope for is to check 'Avoid unpaved roads' in planning preferences. Also, always select 'fastest' and make sure IQ routing IS enabled.

Your only other option would be to look into the truck maps. You can configure all sorts of settings including restrictions for larger vehicles.

I haven't used it so I don't know all the features, but I do hear they are expensive.

Call Tomtom to inquire about them.

The Truck maps do indeed require a different version of Navcore known as "Work" once a Work Navcore is combined with a Truck map you get all the options re weight, width, vehicle height axle weight etc.

The only other way I know of to get this working is with a Go-940 loaded with the Fiat BlueMe Navcore as that does produce different routes depending upon type of vehicle see Here (Sorry about the camera shake once the car set off, I need a better mount for the Ovlov) - Mike

Ask a Question