Avoid 1005 EU ver2 like the plague - Not worth it!

TomTom Model(s)
720T and 1005 Eu v2
:( Anybody else trusted TT and paid an extra £70 for 1005 Eu v2 to use Tripadvisor and Expedia to find that there is virtualy no information available on their UK database. Or searched for Tripadvisor on their website and found, yes you got it a big fat 0 results, or checked the pdf instructions and neither TA nor Expedia are listed. Off it go's back you scoundrels. Isn't it about time you shut the marketing bods the f... up and let someone with the actual facts do your talking? About time we got Trading Standards involved I think. Making unsubstantiated product claims in the UK are going to get you in a lot of trouble TT unless someone starts telling the truth! ::rant:

First of all, this forum is NOT affiliated with TomTom, the company. Next, no reason to use a bold font here, our eyes are pretty good...:rolleyes:

If you have a complaint about the functionality, or lack thereof, of any model, let TomTom know. CS is: 0845 161 0009

First of all, this forum is NOT affiliated with TomTom, the company. Next, no reason to use a bold font here, our eyes are pretty good...:rolleyes:

If you have a complaint about the functionality, or lack thereof, of any model, let TomTom know. CS is: 0845 161 0009

Oops sorry about the bold font. Don't know how that happened. However, what I do want is advice and comments from other users if there is any please? :)

I think that one of the problems is that UK-purchased Go Live 1005s are pointing to tripadvisor.com, not tripadvisor.co.uk.

While I am not sure if that will affect search results (I haven't Henry's problem with doing searches), it does mean that room rates are returned in dollars and not GB pounds.

I have queried this with TT support, as I would expect the device to use the resource local to the country of purchase at minimum, and ideally "roam" to the website matching the current location of the device.

Out of curiousity, do devices manufactured for the Netherlands point to tripadvisor.com or tripadvisor.nl? (you can tell by the language returned). Similarly for Germany (tripadvisor.de) or France (tripadvisor.ft) etc.?

Ask a Question