carminat advanced lane guidance missing

TomTom Model(s)
carminat
Hi
I'm new to the Forum and new to the Tomtom Carminat (please be gentle) and have just experienced recently for no apparent reason that the advanced lane guidance feature has stopped working/disappeared. Anybody have any ideas? :confused:
regards

Did you make any changes? A new map? An application update? Have you tried resetting the unit?

Wow that was a quick reply--thanks DHN
Only additional changes made were safety camera updates from GPSWorld.com (OV2 and .BMP Files) which I regularly update every week or so and never had a problem before.Firstly I must admit I'm wary about resetting,and secondly I dont know how!
Unable to access under settings option, not available-thanks Pedro2NR

Resetting of units is done by pressing the reset hole on the bottom for models that have that or by holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds for models without the reset hole.

About the only thing you might have to adjust is the time.

@dhn
There's no "hole" that I can see anywhere, and a Carminat doesn't have the sort of power button to which you and I have become accustomed, either. There's nothing in the Carminat manual about a hard reset .. only Factory Reset. Sounds like one for Tech Support.

@speedbirdwilts
Do you see a reset hole anywhere? When you do get an answer, could you let us know what you found out?

Hi Canderson
Went to a French Renault Website http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xciiom_reinitialisation-d-un-renault-carmi_tech
Their advice as far as I could see is as follow
Turn off engine,pull out Key Card
Open drivers door
Pull out SD card
Replace Key Card start engine and wait for Carminat to boot
Switch off remove key card and open drivers door
Replace SD Card then replace Key Card
Start engine Job done
Hope I got it all in the right order--my French is a bit rusty!
regards

Wow - quite the sequence. Let us know if it helps you in any way with the problem you reported.

Did you try closing the Windows and opening them again? That works for my PC! :D

Seriously, I think just taking the SD card out will cause a re-boot,
Also, there's a reference guide on the Renault website here, and on page 46 they mention "Reset factory settings" and "Partial reset" as if they are two different things (although I can't see it on the screenshot). Maybe that's the equivalent of the reset button.

Also on that same page is the option to "Show all menu items" or "Show fewer menu items" Maybe that's the reason for not finding the setting for the advanced lane guidance?

ALG can usually be turned on or off in "Status Bar Preferences" and on the Carminat that's on screen 3 of 6 of "System settings" (p43 of the manual)

But when you say "advanced lane guidance" did you actually mean the full-screen lane images? Those are switched on or off on screen 4 of 6 of the settings menu (p44 in the manual).

Hope one of those fixes it!

Many thanks for your input Andy_P
On reading your comment I checked the manual to find page 45 a duplicate of page 44.(system settings) I checked the Carminat to find only five windows in system settings so the manual is giving a window too many.
"show all menu items" gives five windows
"show fewer menu items" gives two windows
"status bar preferences" gives two windows and no sign of how to enable/disable "ALG" anywhere.
regards

Odd... Did you mean your printed manual? The on-line one I linked to is definitely different on p44 and p45.

Maybe there has been a software change since one or other version of the manual was written. But whether that means it has gone UP to 6 screens of preferences or DOWN to 5, I can't tell.
Not having a Carminat myself, I only had the on-line manual to go by, sorry.

FWIW, the one I downloaded earlier has a 2010 Renault copyright, and the back page reads "NX 947-1 – 77 11 405 989 – 08/2010 – Edition anglaise"

Ask a Question