Can't wait for my TT1 to arrive!

TomTom Model(s)
TT1
Just ordered it yesterday. I'm really looking forward to getting it. I currently have a Garmin GPSV and I thought it was time to upgrade.

I spent a lot of time reviewing GPS units before settling on the TT1. I managed to find it for $404.50 shipped, so that was an additional plus too.

My Dad has a Tomtom back in england...not sure which model though..so he was pleased to hear I was getting one!!

I'm glad I found this forum...I'm sure it will be very useful and hopefully I will be able to be a useful contributor also.

----
BritOnTour

My TT1 is Here!!

I missed the delivery at my work office yesterday, but my new TT1 was sitting on my chair waiting for me when I got in this morning.

I installed the Tomtom Home software, after it announced there was a later version it could download. Backed up the TT1 to the PC and went through the initial setup.

I received a couple of cards in the package.

One was for a free map update valid until the end of oct 2006, but the web address is invalid. I did see in the news forum that someone else had the same issue and Tomtom said the update would be later this year and it would still be free, so thats cool...i dont mind a little wait.

The other card was for a free premium voice download. I followed the instructions to register online, but I cannot Select my Device. I click on TT1 and then continue, but the next page is blank and the selection is not updated. Until I can select my device, it will not let me use the code on the card to activate my promotion. I tried both Firefox and IE with the same results. Am I doing something wrong?

I managed to get it connected to my Cingular phone (Nokia 6230i) to get the free traffic info...hope I dont get a huge bill from cingular for the data!!

Can't wait to try it out!

Glad to hear you received your TT1.

To select your device, go to your profile on tt's website, then enter the promotion code.

The traffic info is not a very large. It won't cost too much.

Pedro,

Thats exactly what I have tried. I log in, go to my profile, and i can see that it is set to TT1. I also entered the product code in My Products page. However, in My Products on the right side it still says Select My Device" and if I click on "select my device". I pick the TT1 from the list and click continue. Then I get a blank page and my profile still says i need to select my device.

Until I can get it to accept my device, it wont let me activate my promotion code.

Hmmm, Trying contacting TT support. I remember when I was updating my profile, I tried selecting my state of CA and it wouldn't save. My profile would stay listed as Alabama.

Waiting for TomTom1

I purchased a TomTom1 for my wife on 31OCT06 and am still waiting for it. How long does it take to get to the central time zone from the east coast??? It is a birthday present for my wife...Her birthday was a week after I ordered it....

I purchased a TomTom1 for my wife on 31OCT06 and am still waiting for it. How long does it take to get to the central time zone from the east coast??? It is a birthday present for my wife...Her birthday was a week after I ordered it....

Did you order it from the same place I did? I paid extra to get 2 day shipping. given the discount i was getting on the TT1, I thought it was worth it. Not sure how long the standard free shipping would take though.

Welcome Srbnikkole. If you ordered from TT website, I would contact them and ask for a tracking #.
1-866-486-6866 Monday - Friday: 9:00AM to 7:00PM EST
1-978-287-9555 Monday - Friday: 9:00AM to 7:00PM EST

Ask a Question