Can't tell one poi location from another

Discussion in 'System Configuration and Customization' started by ces1948, Jun 10, 2007.

1. ces1948

ces1948

Is there any way to display the street address of the poi you want to navigate to? When I type in the name of a well known drug chain I find 3 or more within a similar distance. How can I tell the difference?

ces1948, Jun 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. ces1948

46jimbo

TomTom Model(s):
    TT ONE v1
    By trial and error, I believe.

46jimbo, Jun 11, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. ces1948

mamurphy353

Same problem

I'm having the same issue, I really hate it.
    It's particularly annoying when you navigate to a built up area and you are at the location but need to check the building number and you can't because the TT doesn't display the address.
    It's a serious shortcoming which, had I known about it, would have made me think twice about buying a TT.

mamurphy353, Jan 31, 2008
  4. ces1948

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    If I understand the issue correctly, try this...with a poi listed on screen and selected, with your finger scroll to the right on that highlighted item. I think you should see the name move to the left and the address start appearing on screen.

dhn, Feb 1, 2008
  5. ces1948

F22

Okay, just looking at my fired up 920. I'm just at a screen, not yet navigating. Maybe I'm not doing something correctly. I then select "Navigate TO" and then selected POI near location. I searched for Costco. I see a longish list. I held my finger on one of them and tried showing more info on it but nothing showed. I moved my finger right and left. Nothing additional showed. Since I expect maybe some of these are add-on POI's from added files....

I then just searched for restaurants. It shows some near my location. But, again, trying to see more, like and address, I do NOT get any additional on my 920.

If I finally select one, I get the map screen and then can press DETAILS.

Have I missed a step?

Because, like the others have mentioned, the generic list of Costco's without evidence of where they are located is more than vague. One is located in downtown Seattle and another across a congested bridge and another much more favorable, traffic-wise. None of those addresses show at the LIST of Costco's.

F22, Feb 1, 2008
  6. ces1948

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520

Probably not......

I was trying to provide information from memory regarding how a user in one of the threads said how to see the additional information regarding a poi. It was I who more than likely missed a step or didn't explain the instructions properly.

I'll try to keep an eye out for the post and copy it here. Sorry for the confusion.

dhn, Feb 1, 2008
  7. ces1948

dkotanto

It is good now

Had the same problem. Newest upgrade took care of it. Now it displays the street address and city right below the screen with a back button to choose another location if the one listed is not the one you want. On the right side of the screen it displays the phone number to call the poi if you want.

:)

dkotanto, Feb 17, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question