cant register my device

TomTom Model(s)
700, 1005 and 825
Hi can anyone help we had to buy an 825 while touring Europe as our 1005 went belly up.
Now back in the UK I can't download any updates as the device isn't registered to my email address, how do I change this?
Tried ringing support but could only get India and he couldn't understand me and vice versa.
Thanks
Forester:(

You will need to either register your new unit using a different email address, or you will need to contact tech support to move the new serial number for the 825 to your existing email address.

You will need to either register your new unit using a different email address, or you will need to contact tech support to move the new serial number for the 825 to your existing email address.

Hi, thanks for reply.
I was trying to get the guy in India to help me out with the registration change but he didn't understand what I wanted , I will try and get support here in the uk tomorrow, hopefully it won't get shunted to India again.

Perhaps you'll get lucky and the next one in India will have a Gloucester accent -- but I wouldn't hold my breath :rolleyes:

We've got something similar happening here in that it's been outsourced to Mexico. Most of the time, we can communicate, but not ALL of the time, and that's not good when you consider that it's 99.9% of the job.

Tried again got the same guy in India so I gave up and wrote to "support" they replied that the device is already registered to my email address but they wanted proof of purchase before they help me further ??!!
Now I have to wait and wait,.......nothing happens quickly with tomtom does it? :(

"they replied that the device is already registered to my email address"

"the device"?

The old 1005 or the new 825? They can't both be tied to the same email address, and if the transition
of 1005 > 825 to your old email account has already transpired, it will necessarily have been because they've done it on their end!

Too strange. Keep us posted on your results.

I moved my 1005 to my personal email address so it was not on the same address as the 825 but the 825 still will not update.
Now I'm told my support is being "escalated to our 2nd line department" most impressive I don't think!
Who Have I been dealing with so far then?
This goes on and on.:confused:

825 updating at last, in fact updated for hours but good now.:)
All I need now is to get the 1005 to update to the latest map ....yawn.:rolleyes:

Ask a Question