Can't find "north always up" feature on Go 300

I have a GO 300 and I have downloaded the lastest software onto my device. One of the features advertized in this version is a "north always up" mode, but I can't find it. Does anyone know how to get to this mode?

Thanks,
JG

Go to "Change Preferences", "Compass Preferences" and make your selection.

I am using Ver 6.520 (TTG300)

traconbb, thanks for the quick response.

I'm also using version 6.520, and the Compass Preferences does not have an option for this. The feature I'm referring to keeps the map north up, and the arrow representing the car turns left, right, etc.

Currently, the arrow representing the car always points up, and the map rotates to show where the car is going.

There is no such option.

The arrow representing the car will always point north, and the map will always turn where the car is going.

You can choose the option in the Compass Preferences to always point North.

The feature I'm referring to keeps the map north up, and the arrow representing the car turns left, right, etc.
Such a feature does not exist (in navigation mode), as digital-flex said, for a very good reason;

What do you think you would see on screen if you were driving South and the map was North-up? Navigating like that would be like trying to drive by looking only in the rear-view mirror.

However, I believe that you can always get a North-up map view in the 'Browse map' mode, but it will not track as you drive, so the cursor representing your position will pretty quickly just go off the edge of the screen. Not very usefull for navigating.

I prefer north up on a 2D map. I like to see my route as I'd see it on a regular map. I'm really surprised that it's not even a choice.

No "north at top?"

This is odd. I've been using TomTom Nav 6 on a Treo and when switching to 2D mode there is an option to have "north at top" or "direction of travel at top." This doesn't happen on my new TomTom ONE? Why would they leave this out? Is there an update that I'm missing?

This is odd. I've been using TomTom Nav 6 on a Treo and when switching to 2D mode there is an option to have "north at top" or "direction of travel at top." This doesn't happen on my new TomTom ONE? Why would they leave this out? Is there an update that I'm missing?

Sorry to tell you but the TT1 doesn't have this option.

Huh

I wonder why they would choose to put it in some versions and not others? Any ideas? I hope they add it down the road b/c I really liked it and waited for them to include it for awhile.

Thanks!

Ask a Question