Cannot download USA maps

TomTom Model(s)
TomTomUSA v1.3
I have TT USA v1.3 for Android. It loads fine and does a map update correctly on my Samsung S3.

I also have it installed on a Galaxy Tab 7+. It originally installed correctly and downloaded the USA map (about a year ago), but when I recently tried to update the map (downloading a new one), it won't successfully load it so now TT doesn't work at all on the tablet. The first dozen or so times I tried the map download, it would get about 300 - 400MBs downloaded, then error out. Now I can't get it to start the download at all...when I uninstall/reinstall TT, it starts the download routine, but after about 10 - 15 seconds, it just comes back and says "the content cannot be downloaded -- restart TT and try again". I also tried taking the external data chip out of my tablet to make it use the internal storage (both storage locations have plenty of room), but it made no difference.

In a related question: I also tried copying the TT directory over from the S3 to the Tab, which didn't work either. Is there a way to do that, since they're both on the same account?

BTW...I also have the CoPilot app, and just did a 1.75 GB download of a new map, so I know it's not the tablet or the connection.

Thanx/JerryA

Hmmm.... Anyone? (Sorry, no experience of TT on Android myself)

Ask a Question