Can somebody check a route for me?

It would be a help to me if somebody with current maps could check a US route for me. I'm curious if a several years old error has ever been fixed.

The start point is N37.262, W93.318. The endpoint is N38.366, W93.752. Calculate fastest route. How long does it say it takes? Its a rural 4 lane divided highway and real life time to travel at the speed limit is about 1hr 20min.

How about N38.388, W93.782 to N38.617, W94.336? Real life travel time is about 30 minutes at the speed limit.

Those routes are on 65mph rural 4 lane divided highway on a route between where I live and Kansas City. My older maps have always calculated this highway as if the speed limit was 33mph so it figured the trip took way longer than it really does. As result it comes up with a route that would add almost 50 miles to the trip if I actually followed its instructions.

I think the first time I reported the problem was about 4 years ago when I used a GO plus (pre-classic).

TomTom920
vers.7.481
map 715

N37.262, W93.318. The endpoint is N38.366, W93.752
2:34hrs-83.8M

N38.388, W93.782 to N38.617, W94.336
1:13hrs-38.7M

With all latest GPS updates

Same here. But I decided to sit through a 500% speed demo of the 1st route, and found that with the exception of a brief period of 1-2 miles, the travel speed during the demo as 55 MPH. Then mysteriously, with 21.2 remaining, thr route suddenly started over from the beginning. I repeated this a second time and got the same results.

If I set a starting point further into the orignal route, making the new route about 24 miles, this restart doesn't happe, and again the travel speed is 55 MPH for almost all of the route.

In both cases, the displayed miles and time remaining are consistent with a travel speed of about 35 MPH, not 55 MPH.

Strange indeed.

I have a co-worker who has a new 930 and I tried your routes because I am playing with it.

For the first route:
1:22 hours - 83.8M

Second:
0:38 hourrs - 38.7M

Same here. But I decided to sit through a 500% speed demo of the 1st route, and found that with the exception of a brief period of 1-2 miles, the travel speed during the demo as 55 MPH. Then mysteriously, with 21.2 remaining, thr route suddenly started over from the beginning. I repeated this a second time and got the same results.

If I set a starting point further into the orignal route, making the new route about 24 miles, this restart doesn't happe, and again the travel speed is 55 MPH for almost all of the route.

In both cases, the displayed miles and time remaining are consistent with a travel speed of about 35 MPH, not 55 MPH.

Strange indeed.

For any demo, Michael, there is a limit to how far the demo goes along a route before starting over, regardless of actual route length. I think it's something like 50 km or 30 miles -- close to that anyway. That's what you experienced from your details.

For any demo, Michael, there is a limit to how far the demo goes along a route before starting over, regardless of actual route length. I think it's something like 50 km or 30 miles -- close to that anyway. That's what you experienced from your details.

Based on what I experienced, it appears that the limit is approximately 50 miles.

I have a co-worker who has a new 930 and I tried your routes because I am playing with it.

For the first route:
1:22 hours - 83.8M

Second:
0:38 hourrs - 38.7M

Those figures are pretty dead-on to reality and better than what others here are reporting. I wonder if they are a result of the IQ routes feature, or if the speed data got fixed?

It seems to me that IQ routing is kicked in.
The mapshare feature lets users also change speed limits on roads.

Ask a Question