Can I stop this message from appearing?

Hi all,
I have a Tom Tom Go 630 with latest software and latest maps (just in case it makes a difference)
I have paired my Nokia 9300 with it and that seems to work as it should. The only snag is that I only turn my phone on when I need to use it for outgoing calls (Nobody calls me on this number) So I now get a flashing message on the screen saying "No Phone Connected" or something like that and it drives me batty. It wouldn't be so bad but it's right in my line of vision and very distracting.
Is there any way to turn it off other than deleting the Bluetooth partnership?
Cheers,
Steve.

Hopefully the many experts in this area will pop in with proper advice, I'm just (sort of) guessing here........

If you disable Bluetooth on the unit, I don't think you'll see the message AND when you want to make that call, if you enable Bluetooth, I don't think you need to re-pair the phone to the unit.

Emphasis above on 'think', it doesn't say 'know'. :confused:

dhn... Thanks for trying but I see a problem with that.
If I am driving along, using my SatNav and decide to make a call and to do that I have to hit the screen, go into System, navigate to Bluetooth, activate it and then switch my phone on and wait for them to find each other like long lost war brides and American servicemen with access to nylons, I may just as well stop the car and use the phone . :)
There HAS to be an easier way.
Cheers,
Steve

I get the flashing message only momentarily after I first switch the TomTom on.
After that it is replaced by a discrete icon in the bottom left corner.
Like this:
No_Phone_Icon.jpg

Does that not happen on your model?

Ahhhh, Maybe I didn't leave it flashing long enough to discontinue. It flashed for at least 20 seconds so I switched the Tom Tom off. I wasn't following a route.
I'll try that again and see what happens.
BTW, I DO have that icon at bottom left.
Cheers,
Steve

Ask a Question