Can I Add the Speed Limit of a Road to the Map.

TomTom Model(s)
GO720
With the new software that displays the speed limit of the road, can I change or add a speed limit to the map if a speed is incorrect or does not have one.

I apologize if this has been posted already but I did not see it in a search.

Thanks

With firmware 8.3: Map Corrections (page 2 of main menu) -->Correct a map error-->Change Road Speed and select the choice on the next screen.

Speed limit change

Hi all,

Is there a way to change a certain section of a highway when the speed limit goes up or down?

I travel on a major highway everyday to work. As I get close to my exit the speed limit drops from 65 to 55. This is never seen on my TT720. It stays at 65 until I get on a side road. Get to work and turn TT off.

Now when I return home and and enter the highway, the TT states that the speed limit is 55 and this is accurate. However, the speed limit actually changes to 65 in about a quarter mile. Again this does not register on the TT. It stays at 55 for approximately 6 miles and then changes to 65.

Is this likely a map error or something buggy. I'm presently using map NA 815. When using map 715, the TT changed speeds as it should. Navcore 830. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

You can change just a segment of a road but when you do, it's best if you zoom the map and use a stylus or other pointed item to be precise about exactly where you want to make the change.

Here's a detailed thread from another forum explaining the steps. It's from a British forum but the process is the same:
click here

Last edited:

Ask a Question