added new speedradars and mobile radars

I bougt a database with speed cameras, both fixed and mobile.
The iphone tomtom app by defaul, when you are approaching a radar, it gives a little warning.

Is it possible to have the same warning for these new POIs that I have added?

The pois are in .OV2 format

thank you

See here. for some instructions.
It was written for Pocketgpsworld camera database, but the theory is the same.
If I remember correctly, you will need to source a "MapSettings.cfg" file from a TomTom hardware device with warnings set up for the correct POI file names.

You need to change the icon from bmp to 24 bit png format otherwise they won't show up.

The MapSettings.cfg file from the PND needs to be all lowercase so rename it to mapsettings.cfg

When you install the mapsettings.cfg file to the correct folder in the iPhone app make sure the TT app isn't running in the back ground or the changes won't take effect.

For the audio warnings its best to load ogg audio files that can tell you information about the type of camera and (where possible) its rated speed, to see whats possible click Here (sorry for the choice of music) the flashing icon top left is no longer possible as TomTom removed this feature from the software around February earlier this year but you still get icons on the map and the spoken warnings when set up - Mike

Ask a Question