Can anyone help me get Map Share working?

This is my first-ish TomTom, a XL 350 TM. The first one started dropping syllables. The second had a DOA screen. This is the third unit, but I'm still within my first month of ownership.

At the moment, I have the 860 maps, but I can't get Map Share updates. (All I see is the "over 20 weeks" message.) I've noticed 860 directing me down roads that were closed years ago which the 855 maps didn't.

I'm really frustrated, and the person I'm exchanging emails with at Tech Support is completely incompetent.

If anyone's willing to help, let me know what info you need. Thanks. :)

Home tells the same story to everyone (re, the 20 weeks) right after a map update for which there are yet no changes to share. Ignore it as we've explained in other threads here (and while you're about it, ignore tech support, all of whom have no doubt heard of this same problem time after time for at least the last several map updates).

When some MapShare changes show up, the silliness that Home is showing you will end as well.

Meanwhile, you can block all of those non-existent roads using map corrections. After the 1st time, your TomTom will remember those and won't try to route you down them again. Crazy that maps sometimes back up to previous errors, but sometimes they do.

Oh, sorry. The route I took to t his problem was so convoluted I assumed it wasn't as common as that. :)

Thanks for the confirmation about tech support, too.

Ask a Question