calculator possible?

Is there any way to get a working calculator onto the 720?
Would be useful for fuel mileage computations. 720 used on a motorcycle, so it would be easier if the calculator was on the device rather then carrying something separate in a tank bag, etc.

I would liek this on my One too, would be nice for MPG and for tip calculator etc.

Is there any way to get a working calculator onto the 720?
Would be useful for fuel mileage computations. 720 used on a motorcycle, so it would be easier if the calculator was on the device rather then carrying something separate in a tank bag, etc.

I believe the reason it does not work has to do with the NavCore 7 firmware. The decision TT made to discontinue the SDK will likely cause trouble for 3rd party developers.

You can try emailing the author and she what he/she can do - (e-mail address removed)

I believe the reason it does not work has to do with the NavCore 7 firmware. The decision TT made to discontinue the SDK will likely cause trouble for 3rd party developers.

You can try emailing the author and she what he/she can do - (e-mail address removed)

the reply..

Yes, there will be a Calculator for v7, I am doing the necessary preliminary work at the moment, but unfortunately it will take me some time, since I am moving at the moment, I hope to be able to fix it 'till spring next year.

so likely in the future :)

Loaded the calc, mpg, blackout and flashlight last night...everything works on my TT1 V4. I'll have to play around a little more to see if I keep it all but as a side note does anyone know if there is a max number of menu pages? It seemed the TT wasn't happy when I had 6 so I removed the Mobilnova trial app and everything was fine again. Could have been a conflict but I don't know???

the reply..

Yes, there will be a Calculator for v7, I am doing the necessary preliminary work at the moment, but unfortunately it will take me some time, since I am moving at the moment, I hope to be able to fix it 'till spring next year.

so likely in the future :)

Thats great news.

Thanks Coastie for contacting the authour and sharing the response.

Loaded the calc, mpg, blackout and flashlight last night...everything works on my TT1 V4. I'll have to play around a little more to see if I keep it all but as a side note does anyone know if there is a max number of menu pages? It seemed the TT wasn't happy when I had 6 so I removed the Mobilnova trial app and everything was fine again. Could have been a conflict but I don't know???

That's a good question, I currently have 5. The fifth page has just one app so I need to install 5 more apps to get to 6 pages.

Have you tried installing another app other than MobilNova?

Is there a running list somewhere of all teh apps available? I have quite a few but always seem to find more and I can't help but add them even if I don't think I will use them.

Is there a running list somewhere of all teh apps available? I have quite a few but always seem to find more and I can't help but add them even if I don't think I will use them.

There is no 'list' but there is a 3rd party forum on this site. There are many threads discussing of applications used with the TT devices.

Yeah I thought I had searched through it pretty well but seem to still be finding new stuff every now and then

(b36) Now working on TT-"Firmware" 7.x and (hopefully) ALL TomTom PNAs.

;)

Thanks joghurt!! I mised the computer program whem I upgraded to Nav 7. It actually looks better than it did. Great work!!!!!!!!!!

The Calculator works fine on my 720

I am having trouble installing it on my 720. I followed the instructions found in the "Help installation" on this page: http://gps.dg4sfw.de/index.php/menuid=25

I followed the install directions it had for the :TomTom Home 2.x" because it was closer to the one I had, except you go to: Tools > Tomtom Home Preferences > Folder Preferences tab, and copy the location for "Download" and pasted the 2 calculator files in there.

Even though I pasted the Calculator_36.cab & Calculator_36.toc file into the Download folder as directed, it does not show up in TT home in the "Items on your computer" as stated.

How did you get the Calculator to work on the TT?

Ask a Question