Buying a UK map?

I have a 340 XL with whatever North American maps are standard with units sold in the US. If I buy the UK and Northern Ireland maps for an upcoming trip to the UK will my software also change. My understanding from talking to folks "across the pond" is that their GPSes find points of interest / set destination by "postal code". So, when I buy maps will I get upgraded software to also achieve this navigation by postal code? Anyone done this and can speak from experience?

You'll need to copy your North_America map AND the maps folder (which contains the North_America.tlv file) to the computer to make room to purchase and install the UK map for the unit.

BUT.............

You'll also need this file: http://www.tomtom.com/updates/zipcodes/Map_870/zip.zip

Extract the contents of the file to a folder called zip in the root of the unit. Use WinRar. The contents also include the necessary postal code files for The Netherlands, so you can probably skip them.

Then, you are good to go.......

Ask a Question