Buying a 910

Yes, I did miss my GO 910 and I purchased my ONE because I didn't have my GPS unit and the ONE was really inexpensive.
I prefer my 910 because all the features it has over the ONE. I like the display screen and the colo
So... you're a closet ONE'r? :D :cool: hehe

As Fanchee said, it's the second audible click that locks the ball arm in its socket. I attached a receiver for the suction cup on the dashboard without cutting or drilling. It brings the 910 closer to my face as well as to the auxiliary power outlet.

Hermdog: Congratulations! That makes two of us happy 910 users. Am looking forward to your questions because I have so many myself that I need for someone else to help ask them so that I don't overwhelm our gurus.

Right now the main one concerns the device wanting me to go one way from Oregon to Arizona and me trying to outwit it by taking scenic routes. My TomTom seems to love LA (where I once lived) and wants me to get lost in the asfalt jungle.

I picked up the 910t and the first thing I did was record my own voice for directions

i curse at myself to add some humor while I'm driving...like "hey, [insert curse], make a left turn"

Congrats on the purchase. I also love TTS. i like using the voice Dave. He sounds the most realistic.

The ipod is connected to your mount using a special cable. You can find this easliy on ebay and maybe other stores might carry them, like Staples. You use your TomTom to control you ipod music, etc.
If you have a back up from your classic look for the file: mapsettings.cfg and copy it to your 910's main directory.
The HI-FI bluetooth speaker I believe are stero units with a built in Bluetooth tech that your GO 910 might connect to. I don't think all bluetooth stereo units are compatible with the 910's bluetooth.
The RDS-TMC receiver is available but it won't work in the US. If you were to travel to Europe, it will work for you. However, there are many complaints about this accessory.

I am curious about the statement above about the traffic receiver. I am using both the receiver and (while it lasts), the free subscription to the wireless traffic service.

My only problem with the receiver is the limited number of FM stations that carry the service, so the covered is limited. Occasionally, it is necessary to disable the wireless traffic service before plugging in the receiver, but otherwise it always works. Just wish they would get broader coverage for the receiver. Also, you have to experiment a bit with the mounting positions to find the one that works best in your car.

Ask a Question