Bluetooth on a Samsung Instinct

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
This post was copied from here to keep the cspeech thread on topic. - MVL

That's what it was! I loaded the correct set of cspeech files, and I'm good to go. Thanks for your help.

My next task to tackle will be how to ensure my Samsung Instinct can be used as a data modem for some of the features. It's not in the list, and I'm not sure on setting it up manually, on the TomTom 720.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear you got the VR sorted.........won't bore you why they didn't copy but good research on your part.

About the phone. I can't help you, sorry, but SuperMod mvl may see your query and respond. You know how some people go to sleep counting sheep? Well, mvl goes to sleep by counting mobile phones. True story. ;)

Before you waste too much time messing with the phone settings check its manual and see if the phone supports the Bluetooth DUN profile, if it doesn't then it won't work with the TomTom full stop. I have had a look at an on line manual but it deosn't seem to list the supported profiles the device has - Mike

There are two Samsung Instincts (the S30 and M800). Both are Sprint-only phones, and both support Bluetooth DUN.

Sprint is one of the most difficult carriers to configure for Tomtom data. Follow the steps in this post.

Ask a Question