920 and Samsung i8910 data transer via bluetooth

Hi,

I recently bought a new mobile from Samsung, the i8910. I have no problems with it connecting to
the internet independent of my TomTom 920. My TomTom als can pair up via Bluetooth with the i8910.

My mobile is not in the list provided by the TomTom Bluetooth set up (of course it is a recent model).
Hoewever I do expect that it should be supported.

I cannot get a bluetooth data connection between the two of them set up.

I try sugin the dial number *99# during the manual set up but it looks like it is being ignored.

Has anyone got any ideas that might help?

Regards,
Mario

1) Delete the pairing and repair to the phone from the Tomtom. When you finish the pairing the Tomtom lists compatible features. Is "wireless data" on the list?

2) If it supports wireless data, what phone carrier and model do you choose on the next screen? Or do you not get the chance to choose a company/model?

1) Delete the pairing and repair to the phone from the Tomtom. When you finish the pairing the Tomtom lists compatible features. Is "wireless data" on the list?

2) If it supports wireless data, what phone carrier and model do you choose on the next screen? Or do you not get the chance to choose a company/model?
Hi mvl,

thanks for your reply!

Answers:

1) I've deleted the pairing and recreated several times. Yes "wireless data" is one of the features listed
when the pairing occurs which is why I believe it should work.

2) I've tried several combinations. My phone is not listed because it is very new, Samsung i8910. But
my carrier is available vodafone.de in Germany. I've tried various phone models that have a similat
operating system (Symbian) as well as trying to configure the phone set up manually. Up to now I7haven't had any luck.

Regards,
Mario

When you custom config the data settings, try the ones here. Leave the "dial" number at the default setting.

Tried that.

When you custom config the data settings, try the ones here. Leave the "dial" number at the default setting.

Hi mvl,

I did try that but no success. I've been trying to nag TomTom support about getting some help
but those guys are just terrible. If it isn't on their list then it isn't supported, is the official line.

I was finally ablt to get one guy from support who actually checked with the technical people and said that
my mobile is on the list of mobiles that will be tested but would not say when I could
expect an answer.

It is kind of difficult for me to believe that it won't work because the Samsung i8910 works otherwise
just fine. I've used it as a modem for my laptop and my TomTom pairs up with it through Bluetooth
without any problems. I can even transfer files from the i8910 to my TomTom.

Patience is a virtue, they say....

Cheers,
Mario

I had the same problem with my 930 T Go and a samsung phone on the vodafone network.

After much angst, I finally got it working.

After making sure wap settings were working ok on the phone connected via bluetooth and attemted to use Traffic.
When asked to set up wireless connection did the following:

Used Manual settings
Acess point name "Vodafone WAP" which is the name of the access point on my phone.
User "wap"
Password "wap"
Automatic
Automatic
Then accepted the next two options and all was well.

All was well after this.
Hope it helps.

Ask a Question